Implant Overdenture Master Class
Ankur Gupta, DDS
5 CE Hours
What to Expect
Why You Can't Miss This Course
Actionable Insights & Downloadable Tools
5 CE Credits
5 CE Credits
Master Class Curriculum
This master class is designed to deliver the education needed to become an expert in your craft and is paced with your busy schedule in mind. Happy Learning!
Module 1: Locators and the First Steps
- Understand the incredible potential, both from a satisfaction perspective, and a profitability perspective, that implant over dentures can add to your overall clinical repertoire.
- Learn the first steps needed once a patient has returned with fully integrated implants
- Gain clarity with the variety of locators and other implant retention options that exist
- Discover how to start the fabrication of an implant retained Overdenture
Module 2: Denture Fabrication, Housing Pickup, and Final Seating
- Provide several strategies to avoid over-cutting and over-traumatizing the gingiva that overlies the healed, integrated implant
- Provide several strategies and tools to effectively adjust the intaglio surface of the healing denture so that it still fits comfortably even after locators have been installed and are thus emerging from the tissue
- Understand the very next step after all locators have been installed, healing denture adjusted, and a permanent denture begins
Module 3: All Surgical Considerations
- Learn the differences, along w/ the potential benefits and drawback to both traditional and digitally fabricated dentures
- Understand the most important steps at the time of chair side pick-up of the metal housings
- Develop understanding and awareness of the tools and strategies that make final delivery most satisfying and simple
Module 4: Maintenance and Follow-Up
- Learn the proper steps in planning surgery, especially with the aid of cone beam technology
- Understand the steps needed for fabrication of a surgical guide, even in a completely edentulous arch
- Develop confidence with all paperwork, medication, and operatory preparation needed for effective surgical delivery
- Develop understanding of simple socket preservation techniques in the areas of newly extracted teeth
- Utilize proper use of technology to simplify and maintain consistency with all surgical considerations
Module 5: Case Acceptance
- Identify the benefits and limitations of antimicrobials with oxidative and oxygenating reactions for biofilm management.
- Recognize the best home-care regimen for your implant Overdenture patient
- Understand the best ways to communicate the importance of maintenance to your patient
Audience: General Dentist
Released: August 28, 2023
Expires: August 28, 2026
AGD Subject Code: 670, 690
CE: 1 CE Credit per Module
Catapult Education designates activity for 1 continuing education credit
Ankur Gupta, DDS
"The speaker gave a great presentation. Lots of pearls, even if you have already placed implants."
"The speaker was very organized, knowledgeable, and enthusiastic about his subject. Very good presentation."
Catapult Education, LLC is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider. ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry.
Approved PACE Program Provider. FAGD/MAGD Credit. Approval does not imply acceptance by a state or provincial board of dentistry or AGD endorsement. 6/1/20 to 5/31/24. Provider ID 306446.