Ankur Gupta, DDS
North Ridgeville, OH
North Ridgeville Family Dentistry
Dr. Ankur Gupta is a 2004 graduate of the University of Michigan School of Dentistry. After completing a one-year General Practice Residency in Cleveland, started a practice from scratch in 2005. Armed with what he considered adequate knowledge, hand skills, and a personable demeanor, he watched as his practice floundered, finances became un-predictable, and his lower back and spirit toward life became worrisome. Rather than continue the trend, he made a guinea pig out of his office, family, and self; attempting any and all personal and professional “experiments” in self-improvement. More than a decade later, he enjoys excellent new patient numbers and case acceptance, a solution oriented dental team; and most importantly, a meaningful and positive identity. He happily shares the failures and successes with dental and community groups throughout the country, always ending his presentations with practical, implementable, step-by-step ways to be better.
Ankur Gupta, DDS is an accomplished speaker available to speak at your event for half-day, full-day and multi-day lectures, custom courses, and hands-on workshops.
Ordinary Achieving Extraordinary (Full day)
How is it that flawed, ordinary, already busy individuals, led by a flawed and ordinary leader can somehow create an extraordinary practice? It starts with spilled coffee. Join Dr. Gupta, as he introduces a visionary approach to our work as dental professionals, providing clear, specific challenges to take back to work on Monday as the first steps in creating an extraordinary workplace, team, and patient experience.
- Create a specific, actionable long-term vision for your practice
- Determine the consistent barriers to an extraordinary practice, and create a specific plan to eliminate those barriers
- Utilizing a creative and effective incentive system, create a step-by-step plan to achieve and implement long term practice improvement
The Extraordinary New Patient Experience (Half day)
What makes your office different? If you answered "friendly, caring, great clinical skills, etc," sorry, every dental office believes they too possess those "unique" characteristics. In this presentation, Dr. Gupta shares specific services that any office can employ, which will leave patients completely amazed.
- Create a new patient experience that immediately sets you apart from any other dentist in your community
- Utilize photography and emotionally-based interviews with patients to create a strong connection between them and their oral health
- Develop a solid 'hand-off' strategy so that complex patient situations never fall through the cracks
“Why Did I Get A Bill? I Thought I Paid In Full” and Other Awkward Conversations Mediated by a Hostage Negotiator (Half day)
No matter how incredible your team, processes, and systems may be, dentistry will never be able to avoid uncomfortable situations and potentially angry patients. Dr Gupta presents concepts from a former FBI hostage negotiator that will diffuse and create calm even during the most stressful situations in the office
- Understand what is generally going through the mind of the other party during a contentious conversation
- Apply heavy, serious negotiating techniques to everyday conversations, like kid’s bedtimes, and daily chores
- Implement specific and systematic speaking habit revolving around active listening
Burnout, Body Pain, Debt, Stress, And Diet (Full day)
The healthcare professions boast high incomes, great hours, and social status, yet a lot of us are burnt out. Why? In this emotional presentation, Dr. Gupta shares the Mayo Clinic research behind healthcare burnout, its causes, its ramifications, and, most importantly, how we in the dental profession are going to defeat it.
- Discover the #1 happiness and relationship killer that also affects your ability to perform more comprehensive dentistry
- Illuminate the long-term impact of poor posture and a sedentary lifestyle to the dental team
- Gain a daily core strength routine that can affect your overall quality of life
- Examine the culture, habits and health of those living in Blue Zones and learn why they live disproportionately longer lives
- Recognize the barriers, benefits and steps for integrating a mindful approach everyday
- Explore the long-term physical/psychological implications of a “constantly plugged in” life
- Identify steps to prevent and treat burnout
One Year To A Happier, More Motivated Dental Team (Full day)
Our professional happiness doesn’t come from the depth of our clinical knowledge or the profitability of the practice; rather, it comes from the collective happiness of the team that we surround ourselves with on a daily basis. One crabby individual can ruin an otherwise great day, just as an inspiring and upbeat group can provide energy and positivity no matter how the rest of the day goes.
- Gain strategies and tools for inspiring a culture of self-directed leaders in the practice
- Explore a culture of autonomy in which team members feel ownership with practice improvement and implementation
- Identify internally designed accountability systems
- Formulate an incentive-based vision for your practice and dental team
1 Year To A Streamlined, Productive, Cutting-Edge Implant Practice (Full day)
In this presentation, Dr. Gupta shares the most effective strategies for restoring general dentists to communicate, plan, and market dental implants in their office. This lecture will provide fully-implementable steps from the very beginning of the process, gaining patient interest and trust, to the most cutting-edge techniques and solutions in the realm of dental implant restorative therapy.
- Discover communication and case presentation to get patients excited about implant therapy
- Explain the ideal communication process between surgical specialist and restorative dentist, maximizing successful and predictable long-term restorations
- Lean the newest and most dynamic strategies that are effectively being used by the leaders in dental implantology
- Understand the difficulties and potential conflict when introducing a new service/profit-center in an already busy office, and learn steps to reduce that frustration
Drag to resize
Recent & Upcoming Courses
Ready to get started?
Enter your email for exciting offers from our partners, cutting-edge course offerings, and so much more.