The Dental Hygiene Practitioner Master Class
Katrina Sanders, RDH
12 CE Hours
What to Expect
Why You Can't Miss This Course
Actionable Insights & Downloadable Tools
12 CE Credits
12 CE Credits
Master Class Curriculum
This master class is designed to deliver the education needed to become an expert in your craft and is paced with your busy schedule in mind. You will receive email notifications as new modules are released. Happy Learning!
Module 1: The Medical History
- Review medical conditions commonly observed on history documents and their considerations
- Identify specific considerations for major illnesses and operations as reported by the patient
- Evaluate indications and contraindications of various medications and supplements
- Examine various symptoms that may point to underlying medical conditions
Module 2: The Patient Interview
- Collect data essential for patient-specific reports
- Review historical and risk profiles for the history of dental disease
- Integrate medical reports in understanding implications and results to patient care
- Review various lifestyle considerations that may impact or influence dental care
Module 3: Vital Signs and Risk Assessment
- Review the optimal and suboptimal metrics as they relate to standard vital signs
- Explore advanced vital signs based on patient-specific medical conditions and modalities
- Identify oral-systemic, periodontal, caries, oral cancer and parafunctional factors to influence clinical decision-making modalities
- Discover ASA classifications as they relate to overall patient health
Released: June 16, 2023
Expires: June 16, 2026
AGD Subject Code: 730
CE: 1 CE Credit per Module
Catapult Education designates this continuing education activity for 1 credit
Katrina Sanders, RDH, BSDH, M.Ed, RF
"The landscape of dentistry is changing. It is imperative that dental education rise to meet the demands of the community."
Katrina Sanders, RDH does not declare a conflict of interest. Catapult Education does not receive commercial funding for this activity. Participants should always check with their state licensing board to determine which, if any, certification or licensing is required to perform specific procedures in their jurisdiction. The opinions expressed on this website come from a variety of writers and speakers that are not necessarily endorsed by Catapult Education or its associates. Viewers are responsible for verifying the validity, accuracy and relevance of all content before implementing any techniques, products or recommendations into their clinical setting. Viewers understand that Catapult Education its associates, writers, speakers, and sponsored affiliates are not in any way responsible or liable for any adverse events that may occur (i.e., in a clinical setting or anywhere) based on any information disseminated from Catapult Education sites.
Cancellation/Refund: Your registration cannot be cancelled, and no refunds will be offered for this activity.
Catapult Education, LLC is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider. ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry.
Approved PACE Program Provider. FAGD/MAGD Credit. Approval does not imply acceptance by a state or provincial board of dentistry or AGD endorsement. 6/1/20 to 5/31/24. Provider ID 306446.
Say NO to boring CE.
Enter your email below 👇