Tooth Whitening Part 2: Improving Patient Esthetics
Marketing, Materials, Methods and Myths
General Dentists, Hygienists, Dental AssistantsAudience
1 CE CreditCredits
Aug 3, 2021Released
Aug 3, 2024Expires
Watch On-Demand Now
Moving forward with the basics of vital tooth bleaching procedures, there exists several additional in-office and take-home products and protocols to augment the whitening effect for both vital and non-vital teeth. Many of these products, such as low concentration carbamide peroxide, have additional revenue generating potential as an oral hygiene adjunct which can greatly assist many patients who are not necessarily interested in aesthetic enhancement. This 1-hour live webinar is a continuation of the topics discussed in the bleaching basics course and advances topics on the most up-to-date materials, procedures, protocols, and outline many outside-the-box marketing strategies that exist for the contemporary dental practice.
- Identify the most common etiological causes of tooth discoloration and the treatment options available to patients for treatment with these conditions
- Review the factors which contribute to the efficacy and predictability of the various internal/external tooth whitening protocols in the treatment of discolored vital and non-vital dentition
- Investigate many of the widely held dogmas and myths surrounding current tooth whitening techniques and clinical recommendations
- Establish evidence-based protocols utilizing various materials and methods for combined in-office/take-home tooth whitening strategies to improve successful aesthetic/hygienic dental outcomes for existing patient base.
- Course Fee: Free
- Credits: Catapult Education designates this continuing education activity for 1 credit
- Method: Self-Instructional
- Audience: General Dentist, Dental Hygienist, Dental Assistant
- AGD Subject Code: 780
Meet the instructor
Miles Cone, DMD
Dr. Miles Cone is a graduate of Tufts University School of Dental Medicine, and completed a three-year Prosthodontic residency program while serving in the United States Army before being honorably discharged as a field grade officer in the rank of Major. In addition to achieving board certification and diplomate status within his specialty, Dr. Cone has also successfully challenged all the requirements necessary to earn his designation as a Certified Dental Technician. Currently, Dr. Cone’s career in civilian life revolves around his dual role as the owner of Nuance Dental Specialists, a private practice dental clinic limited to prosthetic dentistry in the heart of Portland, ME, and his role as Editor in Chief of the American College of Prosthodontists quarterly publication, The Messenger. He is also a member of Catapult Educations speakers bureau and evaluates new products for numerous dental manufacturers. When Dr. Cone is not at the chair, in the classroom teaching, or at the lab bench, he can be found lecturing on the international circuit and publishing extensively in peer-reviewed journals.
Catapult Education, LLC is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider. ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry.
Approved PACE Program Provider. FAGD/MAGD Credit. Approval does not imply acceptance by a state or provincial board of dentistry or AGD endorsement. 6/1/20 to 5/31/24. Provider ID 306446.
Say NO to boring CE.
Want to stay in the loop about CE courses available to you for free?
Enter your email below 👇
Enter your email below 👇