Diagnosing and Treating Stress-Related Bruxism
How bruxism relates to the TMJ and the musculoskeletal system with treatment options
1 CE CreditCredits
Feb 24, 2021Released
Feb 24, 2024Expires
Watch On-Demand Now
In the post COVID shutdown, stress is at an all-time high. In this 1-hour live webinar, Dr. Pelerin will discuss bruxism and how it relates to the TMJ and the musculoskeletal system. He will cover anatomy and pathology of the joint, the many sequelae related to bruxism, and treatment options from surgical intervention to the many types of Orthodontic devices available.
- Identify the relationships AND differences between TMD and bruxism; joint versus muscular dysfunction
- Recognize the less-obvious clues to bruxism
- Understand pros and cons of lab-made, dentist-made, and over-the-counter devices
- Recommend and deliver pain-mitigating treatment in a single appointment with good profitability
- Course Fee: Free
- Credits: Catapult Education designates this continuing education activity for 1 credit
- Method: Self-Instructional
- Audience: General Dentists
- AGD Subject Code: 200
Meet the instructor
Joseph Pelerin, DDS
Dr. Joseph Pelerin graduated from University of Detroit-Mercy Dental School in 1973, and practices general dentistry in Auburn Hills, Michigan. He is a member of the American Dental Assn, Michigan Dental Assn., Academy of General Dentistry and the Academy of Operative Dentistry. Dr. Pelerin also develops products for dentistry, owning 6 US and foreign patents. In addition to his solo practice, he has started two companies offering innovative products for operative and prosthetic dentistry. He has published articles on bonding, impressioning and provisional crown & bridge.
Catapult Education, LLC is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider. ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry.
Approved PACE Program Provider. FAGD/MAGD Credit. Approval does not imply acceptance by a state or provincial board of dentistry or AGD endorsement. 6/1/20 to 5/31/24. Provider ID 306446.