Catapult Education™ Speakers Bureau
Lou Graham, DDS
- Case Acceptance
- Dental Hygiene
- Dental Imaging
- Dental Implants
- Dental Technology
- Practice Management
- Profitability and Finances
- Restorative Dentistry
Meet Your Next Big Dental Speaker
About Dr. Graham
Throughout his career, his goal has always been to get teeth to their 75th birthday. With such, Dr. Graham’s emphasis has always been based on trust with the patient and conservative dentistry. His courses highlight many of the restorative options in dentistry today along with an emphasis on customized approaches to periodontal care, implants, laser dentistry and treatment for the ever-expanding geriatric population.
Dr. Graham is the founder of Catapult Education, now composed of 30+ speakers including clinical evaluators of the latest dental products and technologies with over 35,000 education subscribers.
Dr. Graham is a published author and is the former Dental Director of the University of Chicago’s Department of Dentistry.
Honors and Achievements
American Dental Association
Academy of General Dentistry
Co-Founder and President
Illinois Dental Association
University of Chicago
Former Dental Director
See What's in Demand Right Now
Discover Dr. Graham's Latest Courses
Diagnostically Driven Dentistry: What’s the reasonable thing to do?
You extract an upper molar and there’s the sinus, you’ve begun a root canal and your files aren’t going as planned, you remove an old class 1 composite and find proximal caries, or you have been watching unrestored teeth that when treated, present far more issues than thought, these are just a few of the surprises that modern-day diagnostics can help prevent and guide us into more predictable procedures and outcomes. This course will take attendees into modern-day general dentistry diagnostics and demonstrate why the GP must be in control of how they integrate these into their treatment planning and clinical procedures.
- Understanding why traditional diagnostics continue to fail us daily
- How 2D AI “ups” our game within seconds of taking an x-ray
- Why CBCT’s are NOT just from specialists but even more for general dentists
- Why the future of the FMX is in danger and it should be!
- Maximizing additional diagnostics for occlusion, white spots, and diving into the next generation of diagnostics
- Today’s recall exam, why it becomes the health of your practice
- Today’s initial exam and the flow to success
- Clinical casework throughout the presentation
Course Format: Full Day Lecture
The Challenges in Restorative Dentistry
- Direct Pulp Capping: The steps to success with the right materials
- Treating Resorptive Lesions: The challenges and successes
- Treating Cracked Teeth: Trying to make sense of it! What does the literature really say?
- The Single Implant Crown: 3 options (and yes, they are all different)
- Socket Grafting and Temporization: It’s all about the planning
Advanced Concepts in Restorative Direct and Indirect Dentistry
- Modern Day Diagnostics: It’s time to put down your explorer and truly compliment your digital x-rays with the latest in caries diagnostics
- The key pitfalls in direct adhesion and how to avoid them (you will be surprised!)
- Advanced approaches to direct restorative: How to really up your game
- “Elevated margins” and the reason they are important
- Posts and Cores: Unique approaches to add long term success
- Digital Crown and Bridge: The joy of impressions… and more!
- Cementation: How to choose the right cements and why bioactive cements offer excellent options today
A Sound Recession-Proof Restorative/Hygiene Practice
- Over two thirds of dental offices take more than 7 PPO’s… come learn why you must create your own in-office dental plan
- Why FMX’s are a thing of the past, why bite-wings for your younger patients really aren’t necessary, and so many more ways to customize your diagnostics for your office
- The NEW Patient Exam…An OMG change that everyone can do
- Redesigning the entire hygiene “one hour” to maximize treatment, diagnostics, and communication
- Maximizing hygiene outcomes with lasers and oxygenation (Or, It’s not about Star Trek; it’s about PERIO!)
- To present the latest approaches to running and growing your team and your business
- To update the team on the latest diagnostic approaches for a general dental practice
- Present the latest methodologies to compliment hygiene growth and understand how adjunctive therapies are bringing us far more success in treatment
Dentistry 2023: The Business of Dentistry (Concepts they should have taught everyone in dental school and just didn’t!)
- “Actionable” analytics that drive your huddles and monthly meetings
- Understanding how best to utilize today’s technologies to grow your business and clinical efficiency
- Why Key Performance Indicators drive market success and ROI in the office
- Hygiene growth equates to practice growth: seeing is believing
- The in-office dental plan, steps A to Z (and why these are NOT optional today)
Diagnostically Driven Technologies and Their Essential Role in Advanced Concepts in Restorative Direct and Indirect Dentistry
- The limitations of traditional diagnostics, contrasted with new technologies on the market today
- Incorporating modern day diagnostics into new protocols for patient care
- Customizing what diagnostics are best for your practice and how this raises long term outcomes and decision making
- Communication and treatment plan acceptance: implementing new approaches to growth
- How your own in-office dental plan ties in our day
- Clinical casework and outcomes that support diagnostically driven dentistry
- To update the attendee in regards to “what’s best for the patient”
- How upping your diagnostics drives greater treatment plan acceptance
- Incorporating many of the latest materials and techniques to achieve superior long term outcomes
Implants: The Restorative Solutions and Challenges Long Term
- CBCT: Why this is not just for the surgeon but for every GP and everyday challenges that 2D imaging can’t see
- Today’s initial exam: How to increase case acceptance via today’s diagnostics and technologies
- Step by step case presentations you can take back to the “chair” Monday
- Which cement is the only biocompatible cement for implant cemented crowns
- Immediate temporization: The technique and why the “flipper” usually belongs in the ocean
- Stock abutments versus milled
- ADD general restorative dentistry combination cases
- Long term issues and maintenance approaches (and yes, you need to know what future issues will be!)
Integrating a Commonsense Approach to Diagnostically Driven Dentistry
- Optimizing 2D imaging with artificial intelligence. We all know we miss stuff, come see your second set of eyes and why patients often believe a computer more than you
- Why all too often explorers and 2D imaging are not the best diagnostics, and yet for other patient groups they are. Do you know which group best benefits?
- How today’s transillumination can change your bitewing protocols and why fluorescence does add more to the story
- Why CBCT imaging is NOT just about implants and why it should be in most practices
- Step by step new patient protocols to patients saying, YES
- Step by step recall patients understanding that things change and getting them to say, YES
- Clinical casework that is everyday dentistry but without the surprises
Geriatric Dentistry: The Fastest Growing Demographic in Dentistry
- Why AI (artificial intelligence) is becoming an essential part of our diagnostics and even more!
- How initial exams and recall exams incorporate the latest technologies (digital scanning) and 3D diagnostics (CBCT) into treatment planning and case acceptance
- Modern day restorative approaches that allow us to prolong our patient’s dentitions
- The vast majority of these patients present with periodontal issues, understand the best approaches to “upping” your oral hygiene game and the latest on treating refractory periodontal patients and their periodontal challenges
- Customizing your own in office dental plan, these patients love them!
Fill Your Podium Needs Fast
Book Dr. Graham for a live lecture, workshop, or virtual event today.
Say NO to boring CE.
Enter your email below 👇