Catapult Education™ Speakers Bureau
Barett Andreasen, DDS
Oral and Maxillofacial Radiologist
- Dental Imaging
- Dental Technology
Meet Your Next Big Dental Speaker
About Dr. Andreasen
Dr. Andreasen completed his oral radiology residency at the UCLA School of Dentistry, where he received advanced education in interpreting and evaluating CBCT imaging, panoramic radiographs, and other imaging modalities. Since then, he has provided his expertise to dentists and specialists nationwide. He works closely with specialists in Oral and Craniofacial Surgery, Orofacial Pain, Oral Pathology, Orthodontics, and more.
Dr. Andreasen is a strong advocate for patient safety, health, and welfare regarding the use of radiation in dentistry. He believes that proper education of the public and the clinician leads to more effective treatment, diagnosis, and communication.
Dr. Andreasen is a speaker and member of Catapult Education’s Speakers Bureau. In between cases and lectures, Dr. Andreasen enjoys sharing radiology tips on social media and has published several diagnostic aids which are in use in dental school programs throughout the country.
Dr. Andreasen obtained his DDS at Texas A&M College of Dentistry in Dallas, Texas, and graduated with a BS in Biophysics from Brigham Young University. He lives in Salt Lake City, Utah, with his wife, three children, and dog.
Honors and Achievements
Bachelor of Science, Biophysics
Speaker Bureau Member
Doctor of Dental Surgery
UCLA School of Dentistry
Oral Radiology Residency
See What's in Demand Right Now
Discover Dr. Andreasen's Latest Courses
A Crash Course in CBCT Interpretation
- Learn to navigate through a CBCT scan efficiently and effectively
- Develop a routine for evaluation of the craniofacial structures captured on CBCT scans
- Recognize CBCT artifacts, limitations, and common errors
- Learn to record and document relevant findings
- Understand your liability regarding CBCT technology
- Identify the most common findings on a CBCT scan
CBCT Common Findings - Dentoalveolar
- Recognize common findings in the mandible, maxilla, sinuses, and soft tissues
- Appreciate the clinical relevance of radiographic findings on CBCT images
- Learn to identify changes that suggest pathological processes
- Understand when it is necessary to refer patients for further treatment and radiographic evaluation
CBCT Common Findings - Extragnathic (Large FOV)
- Become familiar with extragnathic anatomy and anatomical variations
- Recognize common findings within the cranial vault, cranial base, cervical spine, and paranasal sinuses
- Learn pathological processes that can occur in extragnathic sites
- Appreciate the limitations in CBCT technology when evaluating craniofacial anatomy
Panoramic Radiographs: 2D Imaging with a 3D Perspective
- Identify anatomy on panoramic radiographs and understand the relationship to surrounding structures
- Develop a search pattern for efficient and effective image review
- Appreciate panoramic image formation principles and their use in diagnosis
- Recognize common pathology in 2D imaging and their clinical relevance
- Understand the advancements in panoramic technology, the limitations of panoramic radiographs, and when you need a CBCT
Fill Your Podium Needs Fast
Book Dr. Andreasen for a live lecture, workshop, or virtual event today.
Say NO to boring CE.
Enter your email below 👇