The Highly Efficient Practice (while having fun doing it).
Success is where preparation meets opportunity. Practice enjoyment comes from being efficient at whatever level of dentistry you do. Efficiency is defined as competency in performance while accomplishing a job with minimum expenditure of time and effort. It would be nice if efficiency was just about hiring another staff member, receiving free supplies, inserting $49 crowns, or buying the magic piece of equipment or tool. Not so easy. It’s more about developing a vision of what you want your practice to be, having a well-designed office with great equipment, having a terrific support team, and doing profitable procedures as fast and well as possible. Those will make you a happy practitioner. Those are what we are going to focus on.
This course deals with the basics to make the office highly efficient while focusing on 4 critical areas: the office, the staff, the schedule, and the skill level of the doctor and staff. All are critical for practicing with little stress, higher enjoyment, and more profitability. The best way to flourish in any economy is to offer a wide variety of efficient procedures that patients almost always need and want. It all starts with an office that shows the quality of work you want to do and having the right equipment and organization to make it happen. Then we have to fill the office with a staff that truly believes “It’s not about me”. It then makes sense that we have a plan in place to keep the schedule full of people who desire our work. The staff and doctor must have a skill level that makes delivering exceptional care routine while encouraging patients to say YES to recommended treatment. This course takes a thorough look at many aspects of everyday practice to promote profitable busyness while offering procedures that are highly profitable.
- The office – the layout, equipment, technology, and policies can all be the limiting factor for success
- The staff - “pay peanuts-get monkeys”, “It’s not about me”, motivation, set ME people free
- The schedule – schedule engineering, marketing, the office portfolio, digital media
- The doctor/staff skill- efficient, profitable every-day procedures that seldom fail …right the first time
- Recession proof procedures – Direct composites, ortho, endo, implants, CAD/CAM and other things you didn’t think you would like to offer