Evolving the Dental Hygiene Appointment
With Intraoral Digital Scanning
CE Quiz available after the Program Evaluation is completed
General Dentist, Dental Hygienist, Dental AssistantAudience
1 CE CreditCredits
Feb 4, 2020Released
Feb 4, 2023Expires
Watch On-Demand Now
Who could imagine that the practice of dental hygiene would one day evolve to include a three-dimensional, dynamic intraoral scan to simplify oral health assessments and improve diagnostics? Today's modern dental hygienist can leverage the benefits of an intraoral scan to detect the formation of abfractions, receding gums and premature loss of enamel and effectively communicate our findings visually to our patients. This technology ultimately allows the dental hygienist to make a positive impact on their patient's long-term oral health outcome.
- Identify the role malocclusion plays in relation to the periodontium and overall health
- Recognize and analyze principles of malocclusion as they present on an Occlusogram
- Develop skills to easily communicate concepts of a comprehensive care approach improving patient education, engagement and commitment to an optimized oral health outcome
- Course Fee: Free
- Credits: Catapult Education designates this continuing education activity for 1 credit
- Method: Self-Instructional
- Audience: General Dentist, Dental Hygienist, Dental Assistant
- AGD Subject Code: 490, 730
Meet the instructor
Ljiljana Hinton, RDH has over two decades of clinical Restorative Dental Hygiene experience. As well as working clinically full-time, Ljiljana is a guest instructor at George Brown College and a consultant for dental practices. Ljiljana finds professional reward in mentoring, collaborating, training and empowering dental professionals to deliver science-driven, optimal standards of dental care.
Catapult Education, LLC is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider. ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry.
Approved PACE Program Provider. FAGD/MAGD Credit. Approval does not imply acceptance by a state or provincial board of dentistry or AGD endorsement. 6/1/16 to 5/31/20. Provider ID 306446.