This course is designed for the entire dental team. This is really a half day course, but could be transformed into a full day course with hands on for the second half of the day. We all know that a good impression is paramount for quality restorative dentistry. In this course, we’ll discuss both traditional and digital impressioning. We’ll look at the rights and wrongs of each, and what it takes to eliminate the wrongs to make the “perfect” impression.
- Conventional impressions have withstood the test of time, but what are the causes of failures?
- What it takes to successfully overcome the failures of impressioning, whether it be conventional or digital.
- Breaking down the true meaning of digital dentistry.
- The history of CADCAM and the changes that have made it the future of dentistry.
- The digital workflow, and how it differs from the conventional workflow.
- What are the essential questions one must ask to support the change to digital dentistry?
- Differentiate the current scanning systems and how they work.
- How this digital landscape looks through real life clinical cases treated using digital means.
- What is the role of the dental laboratory in this everchanging digital world.
- How you can use digital dentistry to improve your dentistry.